Job Opportunity: Facilities Technician
The focus for this position is on metal stud framing and sheetrock work. Also painting and building maintenance in the commercial built environment.
Please note: experience hanging sheetrock is important, however does not require taping and texturing experience although this is a plus.
The building technician performs basic maintenance, repair, alterations and service functions on a limited number of commercial building systems and components. Basic troubleshooting, repairs and or modifications. Takes ownership of responsibilities, duties and performance. Keeps daily logs of work performed.
Employee must be willing to travel locally between jobs from time to time. Work is performed at various customer commercial buildings throughout the south bay and east bay areas. Customer sites range from San Mateo to south San Jose and up to the Fremont and Hayward areas.
- General Carpentry with emphasis on framing and drywall in the commercial building environment.
- Able to read and understand blue prints and building drawings.
- General knowledge of commercial building systems.
- Light bulb and ballast replacement.
- Basic Plumbing / Repairs Commercial.
- Simple office furniture/cubicle reconfigurations.
- Meeting set ups.
- White board Installations.
- Ceiling tile replacements.
- Patching and painting.
- Adjustments of door hardware including closers.
- Provide lunch relief for answering incoming calls
- Answer phone calls, screen and direct as appropriate
- Provide general administrative support approx. 3 hours daily
- Uses technical knowledge, tools, techniques and procedures to identify, understand and resolve technical problems.
- Report on services requiring outside contractors such as plumbers or electricians.
- Requires some direct supervision, performs some assignments independently.
- Good communication / customer service skills.
- Takes direction and works well with others.
- Expands technical competency by pursing formal or informal training.
- Basic use of computer. Microsoft Office applications familiarity a plus.
High School Graduate or GED. Equivalent/trade school acceptable.
Or Call Us At (408) 377-8066